CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Going Home & Coming Home

In my post dated May 16th, I was describing the weary feeling I was experiencing waiting for our LOA. Well, like the old saying, "a watched pot never boils"....the moment I turned my back and stopped waiting we got it!!!! Yes, we got Gabe's LOA. Hallelujah & praise sweet Jesus! We left for my parents home back in VA on June 7th & I had not even made it out of the state of TN when my cell phone rang. It was our sweet coordinator Nicole calling with the good news. Well, let me tell you I was trying to hold back the tears since I was driving on I-40 going through the Cumberland Plateau with lots of tractor trailers all around me. Each of the LOA calls I have received for each of my babies have left me sobbing tears of joy but that Monday all I could do was giggle. Grace was so excited in the back seat that she just let out a great big, shrill scream that about scared our 13 year old hound to death.

So here I am at the computer today a little over 2 weeks later trying to play catch up. I have driven close to 2,000 miles in the last couple of weeks and I am so grateful to be home safe and sound today. I still feel like I am in a fog from all the driving but it is a good fog. We had a beautiful trip to my parents and the side trip up to No. VA where we lived before moving to TN. I just love the state of VA. No matter where I go there is no place that measures up to the Blue Ridge Mountains. When I spot that mountain range on I-81 it never fails to make my breath catch. God's country. The beauty of that stretch of land is something that came from the hand of God and I consider it such an honor that is stands majestically in my home state. Saying that I have to give credit to the state of TN. After traveling all through the state of VA this month, the state of TN hands down has the sweetest, most lovely people you could encounter. I could not wait to get home. I love VA but my home now is Franklin, TN. God sent us here for so many reasons and I am so grateful and excited to see what He has in store for us in our 4th year here. One of those plans includes the little man.

Oh, how we are praising God that He once again is entrusting us with one of His beautiful creations. I am going to post later about our adventures back home but I wanted to at least post the good news. For everyone who carried us in prayer during our time away...thank you, thank you. He carried us with your prayers safely home. Now the wait for the I-800....come on Immigration!!!

Hugs & Loves,
Jo

2 comments:

Jill said...

YEAH! PRAISE JESUS! LOA BABY!
Been thinking, praying and checking in on you often Jo! Congrats!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Look at that sweet boy...ohhh, he is adorable!! Not sure why the wait for LOA is so hard but it's terrible!!! I'm sooo happy yours came. Praying your immigration man will get moving!!
Hugs, stacy